This is the park of the mother (parque de la madre) where the kids play often. It was so crowded this weekend that there was a line to use the slide!
However, the kids got some cotton candy and all was well!
Monday was the official day of independent for Cuenca. We started the day off at a military parade. I've never seen a military parade and I was surprised at how I felt when I saw young men with guns, bazookas, anti aircraft machinery etc. Like the US, military service is not compulsory. I wouldn't want to mess with these guys!
The afternoon was a triumph when we successfully found Uncle Andy! He will be joining us on a trip to the Galápagos Islands the week if November 10.
A great weekend, for sure!
Our last week in Cuenca starts Monday. Uncle Andy is in town and we have plans for soccer, rising the tourist bus, and experiencing all that Cuenca has to offer.
Thanks for reading the blog! We miss our friends and family. Wish you all well.







No comments:
Post a Comment